Texas Regional Paralympic Sport
National Junior Disability Championship Grant Program
What: A Grant program that will support an athlete who has shown potential by hitting the required national standards and has participated in multiple events leading up to the National Junior Disability Championships (NJDC).
Grant amounts: up to $800 value
Grant Deadline: National Junior Disability Championships – June 11, 2018
Event Dates: July 21-27, 2018; Fort Wayne, Indiana (event deadline is July 1)
An athlete doing only Track or Field events can arrive on July 24th and depart
Event Information: http://juniornationals.adaptivesportsusa.org/
- Meet the qualification standards in at least 3 events for the respective competition you are applying.
- Actively participate in track and field events by attending at least 2 of the following events: UIL District/Regional/State High School Meet, Texas Regional Games, Desert Challenge Games, Gateway Games, Endeavor Games, Great Lakes Regional Games, Dixie Games, or Adaptive Sport USA Regional Meet.
- Show training logs for a minimum of 3 trainings per week (can be a mix of strength training and event specific training).
- Must be a resident of the State of Texas. Athlete must be enrolled in a Texas Elementary, Junior High or High School for the 2017-2018 calendar year or possess a Texas Driver’s License with a Texas address. If needed, a request will be made for additional proof on actual Texas residency.
- It is encouraged for each athlete to be an active member of one of the local adapted track and field programs (we do realize that not everyone has one within a reasonable drive from their home).
- If selected, athlete must wear Texas Regional Paralympic Sport Opening Ceremonies and competition (no swim uniform) uniform. It is also highly encouraged to wear the TRPS team apparel during non-competition times while at the games.
- Complete application before deadline (June 20th).
- Include training logs and results from at least 2 approved meets.
- Include at least 3 short term training/competition goals and 2 long term training/competition goals
What Texas Regional Paralympic Sport will provide:
- A staff/coach to attend each competition and assist all Texas athletes with competition logistics and competition preparation. Staff will assist each athlete with travel questions and try to make the experience a positive one for everyone involved.
- Texas Regional Paralympic Sport Apparel (uniform and warm-up shirt)
- Coordinated effort to have all Texas Regional Paralympic Sport athletes in the same hotel as a Texas Team.
- Coordinated effort for transportation needs once at event. Please note that there will be a limited number of staff at each event, so transportation will be provided to the best of their abilities.
- Scholarship assistance is to offset cost of lodging. Each Junior athlete will be given a hotel room (non-shared) for the duration of the competition needs only (no extra nights).