Track and Field National Championship Grant Program
What: A Grant program that will support an athlete who has shown potential by hitting the required national standards and has participated in multiple events leading up to the National Junior Disability Championships (NJDC) or the U.S. Paralympic Track and Field National Championships.
Grant amounts: $500 - $800
June 1-4: U.S. Paralympic Track and Field National Championships
Location: Los Angeles, California (University of California LA-UCLA)
Event Information: http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympics/Sports/Track-and-Field (Nationals info not posted yet)
Requirements: Must be 16 years old or older – Must have a U.S. Paralympic National Classification – Must have an IPC License – Must meet the minimum qualification standards in at least 2 events.
US Paralympic Standards: http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympics/Sports/Track-and-Field/Athlete-and-Sport-Program-Plan
IPC License Procedures: http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympics/Sports/Track-and-Field/IPC-Licensing
July 15-22: National Junior Disability Championships – Registration/Grant Deadline 6/12/17
Location: Middleton, Wisconsin
Track and Field only athletes can arrive on July 19th – 23rd.
Event Information: http://www.juniornationals2017.com/index.html
- Meet the qualification standards in at least 2 events for the respective competition you are applying.
- Actively participate in track and field events by attending at least 2 of the following events: UIL State High School Meet, UIL District or Regional Meets, Lone Star Para Invitational, Texas Regional Games, Desert Challenge Games, Gateway Games, Endeavor Games, Great Lakes Regional Games, or Dixie Games.
- Show training logs for a minimum of 3 trainings per week (can be a mix of strength training and event specific training).
- Must be a resident of The State of Texas. Enrolled in a Texas High School for the 2015-2016 calendar year or possess a Texas Driver’s License with a Texas address. If needed, a request will be made for additional proof on actual Texas residency.
- It is encouraged for each athlete to be an active member of one of the local adapted track and field programs (we do realize that not everyone has one within a reasonable drive from their home).
- Complete application before deadline (listed above).
- Include training logs and results from at least 2 approved meets.
- Include at least 3 short term training/competition goals and 2 long term training/competition goals
What Texas Regional Paralympic Sport will provide:
- A staff/coach to attend each competition and assist all Texas athletes with competition logistics and competition preparation. Staff will assist each athlete with travel questions and try to make the experience a positive one for everyone involved.
- Texas Regional Paralympic Sport Apparel (uniform and warm-up shirt)
- Coordinated effort to have all Texas Regional Paralympic Sport athletes in the same hotel as a Texas Team.
- Coordinated effort for transportation needs once at event. Please note that there will be a limited number of staff at each event, so transportation will be provided to the best of their abilities.
- Scholarship assistance to offset cost of lodging. Each Junior athlete will be given 1 hotel room (non-shared) for the duration of the competition needs only (no extra nights). For U.S. Paralympic Nationals, a shared hotel room will be provided for the duration of the event only.
Questions or additional information:
To apply click the button below